Friday, July 17, 2009

Farewell custom skirt of my dreams. I hardly knew ye.



Dearest skirt, not meant to be mine, 

As a result of what shall prove to be one of my most regrettable decisions, I must bid thee farewell this sorrowful night. I will never forget how my heart skipped a beat the first time I laid eyes on you. How my knees trembled each time I sent a payment to your maker, as it meant you were that much closer to being mine. And oh how my face shone when I took you from your brown paper wrapping. I must say my smile faltered by the tiniest increment when I realized that I was not quite the right size for you. But I was determined to both behold your beauty each time I passed by your spot of honour in my closet, and to awe others when I walked by wearing you. Alas, it was not meant to be. I remain too tall for your length, and my hips too mid-middle age sized for your waistband. You have taught me that, while it is important to always improve myself, it is also important to know my own limitations and to give my clothes the home they deserve. So may you safely leave my shores for those from whence you came, and may you find as much love as you had here - nay, more. Perhaps we shall meet again in another life, in another size.

Sincerely, 
Steff


Related Posts