Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Shop à la Amanda Lepore



Mark August 6th on your calendars, folks. It's going to be a whirlwind of excitement over at NJAL's The Shop, as it's 3rd collection of one-off pieces appears. This time the curator is none other than the fabulous Amanda Lepore. Amanda who you ask? Okay, I must admit that I had to Google her. And now I am indeed intrigued. In case you're not in the know either, the omniscient Wikipedia cites Amanda as "an American transsexual icon who has received attention for her modeling, fashion, partying, and business skills. She has been the advertising face for Heatherette, M.A.C. (cosmetics), Mego Jeans, Swatch, CAMP Cosmetics and more." I for one am dying of curiosity to see what her picks are for The Shop. It's sure to be a extreme departure from this month's collection, chosen by the "shaded maiden", Diane Pernet. Really, the only thing I could see Amanda wearing from Diane's picks would be Anuschka Hoevener's Rope Necklace Top (below), which I think is quite spectacular (and still available!). Oh how I hope the next week goes by quickly!



Related Posts