Wednesday, October 14, 2009

These boots are made for walking


Feeling good about yourself is a funny thing. I've always been quite self-conscious, in part because I've always dressed a bit different than others around me and have never quite fit in. So it's not surprising that sometimes I morph into one of those girls who tries on about five different outfits and/or three hairstyles before leaving the house, even if it's just to get a latte. But sometimes I feel completely confident with the first look I put together. Take today. I haven't washed my hair for three days now and am hiding it with a headband, and I'm wearing (almost) the exact same outfit as yesterday (turns out it's my new favorite winter outfit as well, seeing as the non-stop snow kicks us into unofficial winter already). However, for some reason, I felt absolutely fabulous walking around in the 2-inch (and counting) snow/slush. Today the treacherous sidewalks were my runway whilst taking the trip across the city and back to take care of my arch nemesis, a.k.a. Buddy the cat. It's really quite amazing what a good piece of clothing or two can do for you. And weirdly for me, today it was primarily the shoes that did it for me (you may recall that I am not a shoe person). My very serious snow stomping Adidas by Stella McCartney winter boots may look a bit odd, but they got me there and back again quite warm and dry. But perhaps more importantly, they honestly felt quite couture from where I was standing. So go ahead and call me up to go for a latte. Because I can be ready in about 2 seconds flat. As long as there's still snow anyway.


Related Posts