Friday, November 20, 2009

Gareth Pugh, Live in a Box



I feel like I suddenly have a lot of work to do for my blog, and no time to do it. I have a proposal to write up and send to my favorite designers, two interviews to write up questions for, and an article to write to possibly contribute to another blog/online magazine. Eek! But I have found some lovely things that I must share with you, so here I am, revisiting my old friend, Procrastination. He's always been good to me, so why not.

First up is what I think is an amazing project/idea, involving the likes of Gareth Pugh (did you lose sleep over that jacket like I did?). Informed by Fashion156, I discovered a site I shall be perusing quite regularly called SHOWstudio. For those of you out of the loop like myself, according to their About page, "SHOWstudio’s innovative and ground-breaking projects have defined the manner in which fashion is presented via the Internet. SHOWstudio.com has pioneered fashion film and is now recognised as a leading force behind this new medium." I never knew! Their current LiveStudio project involves the Gareth Pugh creating a unique dress in a studio over 3 days while being broadcast live over the Internet. Mr. Pugh will also answer your questions submitted online while he's trapped within this scarily creative box. AND, the garment will be available for sale in the SHOWstudio SHOP once the event/dress is finished.

I've missed the first day of this, but I'm going to try to catch it on Monday, since I have the day off. I'm quite intrigued by this whole idea. It just seems like the most delicious rat-in-a-maze experiment, except you have a brilliant designer instead of a rat, and a one-of-a-kind garment at the end instead of a piece of cheese. Although I do hope Mr. Pugh receives some kind of sustenance whilst being trapped on all our voyeuristic computer screens. Oh, there are quite a few designers I'd love to see do something like this so I can see their brilliance in action. Is that so wrong?


Related Posts