Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bibi Ghost



I feel that the above pieces from Danish designer Bibi Ghost's A/W 10 'After Tea' collection might be better suited to The door in my wardrobe's daily fare. But after a morning of good old fashioned blogger clothing swappage, my mind seems to be on the look for clothing different from what I'd normally gravitate towards. And who doesn't love a good spot of tea.


Bibi's S/S 10 'The Secret Garden' collection, on the other hand, I can definitely get behind, no matter what frame of mind I'm in. The collection's description says it all:


The Secret Garden is an enchanted place, hidden beneath the surface of the city, where good meets evil and where the line between reality and the fantastical and magical is forever blurred. A queen governs a swarm of underlings without mercy. Sylph-like figures glide slowly through the garden, seeking an escape from reality by shapeshifting from mere humans to otherworldly creatures. They leave a trail of darkness in their search for the light and the supernatural marries realism as the figures evolve and transform. The pieces of the collection are soft, organic and dreamlike, but with references to the stark world of military and the restricted life at the Russian court.

I'll even take one of those goth Princess Leia headpieces, and a fringed veil too, if you please. 


Related Posts