Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Hanging Garden



I keep learning that I am indeed my father's daughter, as I do not deal with stress very well, and manifest very physical symptoms when subjected to heightened amounts of stress. So today is the perfect day to post these images that I've been sitting on for a while from Austrian-born Antwerp-based designer Carolin Lerch's label, Pelican Avenue. This is a collection called 'The Hanging Garden', which was presented as a group show that took place in various locations in the fall of 2009. I can't imagine more soothing colours and drapery. Just don't watch the videos of the installation/performances if you want to retain that feeling of relaxation. Also, I highly suggest dreaming about being pals with Eddie Izzard. Especially when kettle corn and clay pigeons are involved, it's a very relaxing and enjoyable experience.


Here's some more incredible looks from Pelican Avenue's 2008 Barcelona 080 festival show.


And, just because, here's The Cure's version of a hanging garden.




Related Posts