Tuesday, July 13, 2010

CY CHOI



You know when you walk into a hair salon, find out you have the cutest hair stylist with the most perfect hair, and when asked what you want done with your own, you say 'Exactly like yours'? Well, that's what happened to me today, meaning I walked out with a Betty Page fringe and a sudden desire to wear a poodle skirt. I'm also now considering updating my look a bit. I've always been pretty low maintenance and have had the same light makeup (light green shimmery eyeshadow, black mascara, some foundation and powder) for about the last eight or nine years. But with my 'getting ready' time already increased by previous haircuts and now these bangs, I'm thinking it's time for me to play up my eyes and eyebrows a little, instead of just letting the clothes and the glasses do all the work. This will be weird for me. And it means that I have to go to the mall tomorrow to step into a MAC store for the first time ever. Eek.

So, in order to curb this anxiety over increasing my maintenance/girly level, let's look at some menswear. If I were a dude, I would be all over the A/W 10 collection from Paris-based Korean designer Chul-Yong Choi's label, CY CHOI. The emphasis on pockets and unexpected details are quite dashing. And the turned up pant cuffs give off such a charming school boy look, don't you think? Far enough away from brow pencils and eyeliners at any rate...


Related Posts