Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blue Hands



I rather love both the delightfully bizarre looks (above) and the delightfully pretty looks (below) from Taiwanese designer Chiui Hsu's 'Blue Hands et Earth Hands' collection. While I was at the Monster Ball, Chiui showed her natural plant dyed clothing at Toronto's TELUS TAIWANfest (sorry for shouting), battling against two other Taiwanese designers (including Vancouver/New York-based Angela Chen of Orange by Angela Chen). I really feel that burlap isn't used enough in fashion. Aside from Chiui, I think that Laura of hier apparel is the only one to have realized the potential of the potato sack. 


I find myself liking blue more and more these days. Perhaps it's in anticipation of seeing the Atlantic Ocean. Or perhaps it's influenced by the fact that I rarely see blue sky anymore. Whatever the case may be, I think I need to wear more of it this fall.

(Photos by Raymond Chow)


Related Posts