Monday, November 15, 2010

Konrad Parol, S/S 11 (Part II)



While you have seen these clothes before, I can't help but post them again in lookbook form, as they, being Konrad Parol's S/S 11 'EMBER' collection, remain my most favorite menswear collection ever. Also, Konrad's description of its inspiration completely justifies my knee-jerk reaction of wanting to read Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere. For EMBER portrays the strong underground-dwelling race of slaves from H.G. Wells' The Time Machine, specifically emphasizing their masculinity and brutality. I haven't read said book, but, as you may know, Neverwhere is also set underground (and the people there can be pretty brutal), so the world makes sense again. However, with these pieces on Konrad's model (Michał Słowikowski), I'm not sure 'brutality' would be the first word to associate with this brilliant collection...


And now, to return to my Star Trek movie marathon. Is it just me, or is Spock rather dreamy?

(Photos by Krzysztof Wyżyński)


Related Posts