Thursday, December 16, 2010

So happy I could die



Today, I rediscovered the simple joy of looking forward to my vacation for the fact that it will be fabulous, rather than for the fact that it means I don't have to work for a couple of weeks. Of drinking freshly ground and brewed coffee because it's delicious, rather than because I'm too exhausted to stay awake past 2 o'clock. Of relaxing because I can, rather than because I need to. Of spending four entire hours baking something because I wanted more of what I had spent four entire hours baking the night before in an attempt to take my mind off of things. Blog (and life/sanity/happiness), I've missed you.

(Photo of my second attempt of Lottie + Doof's Grape Focaccia with Rosemary recipe, which I followed except for the electric mixer thing. Hand kneading dough is pretty much the greatest method of therapy ever, especially when coupled with de-seeding concord grapes. Oh, and I also halved the sea salt the second time around.)


Related Posts