Friday, January 21, 2011

Complex sales


Super sad event yesterday - my last visit to Nokomis, which closes its doors forever next week. I have a hard time talking about death or serious illnesses with people, and apparently I transfer this awkwardness to the death of local businesses, as I didn't say one word to the owner about the fact that this was the end of the best store in town while scouring the racks one last time. Sigh.

Anyway, the closing out sale at Nokomis brought me two unexpected things that I absolutely couldn't pass up, seeing as they're both complexgeometries (...and I felt bad for the little guys). First is the cg super tube. At $40 (reg. $110 on the cg online shop), the many ways in which I can wear this lovely mix of baby alpaca wool and silk is well worth it. I think I'll likely favor the skirt option.


Second is the cg truth t. I believe that this was basically the cover piece of the cg A/W 10 collection (named 'In Search of Truth'), but it was one that I didn't really take a second look at with the whole cape thing. But at $29 (reg. $149 at Reborn), and in the lovely Nokomis changing stall for the very last time, I have happily discovered an extrememly versatile piece that I'm going to have a lot of fun playing around with. 


My only concern: hanging this baby to dry. Methinks I may have to wear this to The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, the taping for which is my newest acquired tickets for my NY trip. It's going to be a whirlwind seven days! I also think I really need to post some things for sale. Though I could never stick to the 'one in, one out' policy, I could at least try it for a bit. I'm thinking of listing a Bonzie velvet bolero and the Mandula shorts for starters...


P.S. Congrats to Liza Rietz for being Etsy's Featured Seller!


Related Posts