Friday, January 14, 2011

Unhook Your Clothes



I was just wishing to myself yesterday that Take Off Your Clothes would do something a bit different from their standard t-shirt reconstructions. Don't get me wrong, I love what they've done to the t-shirt (i.e. this). However, there's only so many t-shirts I can permit into my wardrobe, no matter how they're sewn or de-sewn (?). Anyway, my brainwaves must've been on the same channel as the T-Shirt Fairy, as, less than 24 hours after my unspoken wish, TOYC has listed a few pieces from their S/S 11 'The Beyond' collection in their Etsy shop. And I love these pieces. I think they really promote the 'Take Off' portion of the label's moniker with the functional hook-and-eye detailing. Good thinking. I also like the Surgical Skirt (above right, and below), which is purported to be a redesigned t-shirt, but looks (and sounds) to me to be redesigned scrubs - now I have an idea of what to do with all my work uniforms once I quit. 


Here's hoping that the pieces will be available in more sizes and colours (and that someone will give that model an extra-fat latte).

In semi-related news (well, only because both TOYC and my lovely NY-trip hosts are Brooklyn-based), I'm kinda sorta thinking of extending my February trip by roughly three months. I just found out yesterday that the Metropolitan Museum of Art will be having a special exhibition from May 4th to July 31st entitled 'Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty', featuring approximately 100 McQueen pieces. I think a flight to New York in May just to visit the Met is now officially going on my Top 3 Want List. Sigh.


Related Posts