Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Yigal Azrouël



That weird phenomenon that seems to happen every summer has occurred yet again, in which I look at my closet and can't seem to find more than one outfit suitable for a hot day. And without having come up with a packing plan for my trip yet, this seems to be more of a pressing problem. Or, at any rate, a more welcome problem than the other real stuff I'm having to deal with. Anyway, I'm almost tempted to just go with an outfit or two and pick up some lovely things in New York. Especially as I've found yet another New York label to like. This one is from Yigal Azrouël, who I probably should've heard about before now after 13 years of critical acclaim and success (and the rather wonderful online shop he has). Of course, I could likely never afford anything of Yigal's, but I may have to stop by his flagship boutique in the Meatpacking District in case there's a sale rack with this perfect dress (above) in my size waiting to be taken home. Or the outfit below. Though apparently only 70% of Yigal's clothing is still produced locally in NY, so I'd have to find out first where these particular pieces were made. And, you know, win the lottery.


Edit (writing from NYC): I did manage to get to Yigal's gorgeous shop AND did see the dress pictured at the top of this post. But at a price tag at over $1000, I had to pass. I do highly recommend going there and checking out the menswear though (especially if you're a normal sized woman), particularly the sales rack. There were a couple of cardigans marked down to under $200 (as well as a pair of great pants with back pockets incorporated into the waistband) that I had a hard time not buying for either my librarian man or myself. 


Related Posts