Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Dori Tomcsanyi, Winter 11/12




And speaking of Dori Tomcsanyi, Dori has just posted her Winter 11/12 collection AND has put it up in her webshop to order. Rather thoughtful of her, especially as she seems to price her pieces fairly low and in sizes other than 'S'. However, seeing as I just booked another trip to you-know-where, I think I'll have to wait for the next collection to be posted so that this one goes on sale (as the S/S 11 is now, and at quite a discount too). Sigh. Anyway, I'll be checking back on all of the above pieces. The new blazer, for instance, doesn't catch my eye like her other one, but I can't help but think that waterproofing the bottom of a jacket is never a bad thing. Her one piece 'trouser dungerees' make me think I should be looking in the automotive section of the job ads. My still unrequited resolve to get some silk pajamas, now strengthened after seeing Sofia Coppola pose in some in Vogue, makes me consider that robe-inspired piece, which somehow is actually a lined winter jacket. And that full-length hand-knit bamboo/cotton dress! I am still waiting for Dori to go back to the neutrals of that brilliant S/S 10 collection, but even someone as colour-challenged as I am can find something to like in Dori's bright palette. And with the time change meaning less sunlight while I'm awake, a little colour doesn't hurt (you'll have to go see the whole collection on her site to get the extent of the colour I've still managed to largely leave out, as my picks are the neutral ones of the bunch). 


Related Posts