Tuesday, December 20, 2011

After all this time?*


Alan Rickman as Severus Snape is definitely a source of inspiration for how to dress in both drapey and fitted black clothing. I couldn't find a photo on the Internets showing the detail at the bottom of Snape's pants, but each leg has a row of buttons going up the side seam (you can see a shot during Harry's first Quidditch game in the first movie, in case you're wondering). As I have the same detailing at the bottom of my mono pants, I can attest to the usefulness of this, especially when you wear extra high Chucks. It also gives the impression of having built-in spats, which are always key when wanting to look uber stylish. Though, of course, Alan Rickman is always uber stylish. Particularly when he's surrounded by books in a Manhattan loft (see Seminar if you can!).

By the way, if you've been wanting to get your own SHIN piece like me, take a look at the SHIN webshop. They're only from the older collections, but they're 60-75% off! goodmorning - midnight also has a holiday sale on Etsy right now. Those wool dresses are excellent alternative business wear, if you ask me.

(Photo via Google Images)


*Always.


Related Posts