Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mickey or bust!



Even though I actually prefer to be as unrestricted as possible (and it's okay, as I'm fairly small), I seem to be gravitating towards more restrictive bra-tops lately. The first one that caught my eye was the one above by Montreal-based designer Genevieve Savard. Not that the silk cups would be that restrictive per se, but the hardware, thick straps, and thick elastic at least give that impression on first glance. 


The second piece that caught my eye was from the chromat A/W 12 collection, inspired in part by Disney (obviously). When I was younger I had a thing for bathing suits with half-zippers at the top, and it appears as though a bit of that obsession lingers on. I'd have to ask Becca if the thick black stuff was actually all elastic or something else though. I imagine too much elastic could be too much of a good thing. Anyway, in case you're wondering why I hadn't featured the new chromat collection earlier, it's simply because I think I'm too serious/practical/non-colour-obsessed for the majority of the collection. And I always preferred Mickey over Minnie. I do love the two pieces below, however (why did bustles ever go out of style?!). Becca, don't ever stop smiling.



Related Posts