Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dangling Teeth


Eek - I completely forgot to post this when I had first got an email from Kelli. That's the problem with relying on my bookmark bar to remind me of things. If I bookmark too many things in a short span of time, things quickly get kicked of the bar and away into the oblivion that is the dropdown menu from the bar (which really defeats the purpose of having a bookmark bar instead of a menu...). Anyway, Kelli Scarr, whom I interviewed eons ago after seeing her open for (and play with) Moby, has a Kickstarter campaign going to fund her newest album. Specifically, Kelly 
started a Kickstarter campaign in order to raise enough money to press my album to vinyl, pay for a press campaign (which every record you read about has), a radio campaign (which is the only reason you hear the songs you do on the radio) and to fund a national tour of "Dangling Teeth" this summer (rent a van, rent gear, pay for motels, ect). These resources are completely necessary for any album to reach a broader audience outside a musician's personal mailing list and Facebook friends. It's a daunting campaign but one I am very excited about and believe in with all of my heart.
While she's gone over a little to the country side, Kelly of course still has that incredible voice, so it's worth checking out. Rather relaxing on a blustery day like today, in fact. Her Kickstarter only has three days left and, if you pledge even the minimum ($1) during these last three days, you will immediately get an advance download of the entire album (which isn't out until June 5th)! In the meantime, here's a little bit of a preview for you to enjoy.



Related Posts