Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I was raised on the forest moon of Endor



Why hello there, 2013. So begins the last (partial) year of my 20s. Based on how 2012 went (minus that last minute bout of food poisoning, of course), I have a good feeling about this one. Particularly because I'm quite happy with my decision to quit a well paying job to go back to school. I've never been not bored for this long (boredom is my kryptonite) and have never enjoyed my Christmas break so much (again, minus that last minute bout of food poisoning). Sure, school has also resulted in my blogging time being drastically cut back (something that will continue into this next semester as I will be attempting to re-learn ancient Greek). However, yesterday's nerd fest (a.k.a. the Star Wars Identities exhibit) has clearly shown that my interest in fashion has not diminished at all. I mean, seeing original story board sketches and models used in the (original) trilogy was pretty sweet, but seeing the original Princess Leia, Hans Solo, Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, and Queen Amadala costumes up close was super awesome. Not to mention the fact that the clothing given to the Star Wars character I got to create ended up wearing something I could only dream up of. Seriously, click here to see my character, and check out that coat/dress (I'm not sure it's kosher to post it here). Anyway, continue to expect posts of fantastic designers here as I keep up my mish-mash of interests in the few spare seconds I can find here and there. Such as the S/S 13 collection of a fairly recent kOs favorite, Yulia Yefimtchuk. Yulia had posted the lookbook back in November already, but I believe I was too involved in the New York trip that never happened to notice. Better late than never, right? Thanks NJAL for bringing me up to speed...




(Photos via NJAL)


Related Posts